Recipe by Chef Kate
Very light and quick and delicious. You can use frozen asparagus if fresh is unavailable.
Top Review by Denise M.
What a delicious recipe! I followed the recipe explicitly and my husband and I loved it. We just added Sambal Olek for a little heat, but mixed with the lemon, it was outstanding. Low carb and delicious. What more could you want? This is a keeper!
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, cut into 1-inch diagonal pieces
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, cut into diagonal pieces (discard tough part of spear)
- 1 carrot, julienned
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass dish, stir together soy sauce, lemon juice, lemon zest and cornstarch.
- Add chicken and coat well with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and fry till softened.
- Reserving the marinade, add the chicken, followed by scallions, asparagus, and carrot.
- Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add marinade and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 minute.