Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very light and quick and delicious. You can use frozen asparagus if fresh is unavailable.
Make and share this Lemon Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, cut into 1-inch diagonal pieces
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, cut into diagonal pieces (discard tough part of spear)
- 1 carrot, julienned
- In a glass dish, stir together soy sauce, lemon juice, lemon zest and cornstarch.
- Add chicken and coat well with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and fry till softened.
- Reserving the marinade, add the chicken, followed by scallions, asparagus, and carrot.
- Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add marinade and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
DH and I were very impressed with this dish! I think the lemon zest really made it outstanding, I used a microplane :-) This dish was easy to make and good for you too. DH and I are low carbing it, so we skipped the rice and did not feel cheated at all, very satisfying
Great stuff. My husband and son enjoyed it too. I doubled the marinade/sauce ingredients. Also, used about 1 lb each asparagus and carrots. Terrific over steamed white rice. Thanks!
To be honest I did not eat a single bite of this recipe but I am still giving it 5 stars because every person who did eat it, absolutely loved it. I also doubled the sauce. I didn't have any green onions so I just used half of an onion. I used 2 carrots also for more veggie content. I am a nanny and the family I made this for gave all rave reviews. The Mom actually called me late at night to thank me and say how amazed she was at the great dinner I had left for them. My only problem was the asparagus. I had to keep the dinner warm in a bowl with a lid and by the time everyone ate, the asparagus looked overcooked and wilted. The Mom however said she did not see that as a problem and it was delicious. Thanks for a great recipe.....and for making me look good!!