Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very light and quick and delicious. You can use frozen asparagus if fresh is unavailable.
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, cut into 1-inch diagonal pieces
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, cut into diagonal pieces (discard tough part of spear)
- 1 carrot, julienned
- In a glass dish, stir together soy sauce, lemon juice, lemon zest and cornstarch.
- Add chicken and coat well with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and fry till softened.
- Reserving the marinade, add the chicken, followed by scallions, asparagus, and carrot.
- Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add marinade and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
DH and I were very impressed with this dish! I think the lemon zest really made it outstanding, I used a microplane :-) This dish was easy to make and good for you too. DH and I are low carbing it, so we skipped the rice and did not feel cheated at all, very satisfying
Great stuff. My husband and son enjoyed it too. I doubled the marinade/sauce ingredients. Also, used about 1 lb each asparagus and carrots. Terrific over steamed white rice. Thanks!
To be honest I did not eat a single bite of this recipe but I am still giving it 5 stars because every person who did eat it, absolutely loved it. I also doubled the sauce. I didn't have any green onions so I just used half of an onion. I used 2 carrots also for more veggie content. I am a nanny and the family I made this for gave all rave reviews. The Mom actually called me late at night to thank me and say how amazed she was at the great dinner I had left for them. My only problem was the asparagus. I had to keep the dinner warm in a bowl with a lid and by the time everyone ate, the asparagus looked overcooked and wilted. The Mom however said she did not see that as a problem and it was delicious. Thanks for a great recipe.....and for making me look good!!