1/3 Photos of Lemon Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry
Chef Kate's Note:
Very light and quick and delicious. You can use frozen asparagus if fresh is unavailable.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, cut into 1-inch diagonal pieces
- 1/2 lb asparagus, cut into diagonal pieces (discard tough part of spear)
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1In a glass dish, stir together soy sauce, lemon juice, lemon zest and cornstarch.
- 2Add chicken and coat well with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- 3Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add garlic and fry till softened.
- 5Reserving the marinade, add the chicken, followed by scallions, asparagus, and carrot.
- 6Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 7Add marinade and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.0
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 526.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 22.2 g