1/1 Photo of Lemon Chicken and Asparagus Over Rice
Christine Bettiga's Note:
This a quick and easy, but light dish that has lots of flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 6 -8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine or 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- 2Season the chicken pieces with the salt and pepper and add to the skillet.
- 3Cook the chicken until golden brown (about 5 minutes).
- 4Stir in the garlic and red pepper.
- 5Add the asparagus and mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
- 6Stir in the zest, lemon pepper, salt and pepper.
- 7Add the liquids, bring to a simmer.
- 8Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- 9Serve immediately over hot rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken and Asparagus Over Rice
Serving Size: 1 (793 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 839.2
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 151.9 mg
- Sodium 325.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 62.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: