Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This a quick and easy, but light dish that has lots of flavor.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 6 -8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 3 cups cooked rice
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Season the chicken pieces with the salt and pepper and add to the skillet.
- Cook the chicken until golden brown (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the garlic and red pepper.
- Add the asparagus and mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the zest, lemon pepper, salt and pepper.
- Add the liquids, bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately over hot rice.
Just excellent CBettiga!! I used two boneless skinless chicken breast halves and did not change another thing. Delicious as is!! The veggies were especially good, not overcooked, tender crisp, just the way we like them. Used up some left over white wine which added a nice taste. This was quick and easy and we will be making it again and again. Thanks for sharing!!
Great recipe. We really enjoyed the lemon flavor in this recipe. I also liked the color that the addition of the red pepper brought to this dish.Other than using two chicken breasts and browning them in only 1 tbls. of oil, I followed the recipe exactly.
I really liked the lemon flavor in this and the combination of vegetables. I did make a couple of errors that affected the final outcome of the dish. I doubled the recipe. I should have browned the meat in batches and didn't. There was too much liquid and the meat never got brown. I might have been able to fix the problem of too much liquid by eliminating the extra water (I didn't have wine) but I had already measured it in the same cup as the stock. These problems would be easily rectified in another trial, but due to family preferences I will not be making this again.