Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
A delightful taste of lemon sauce over this chicken recipe.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, separated into 4 pieces
- 1.23 ml gourmet powder m.s.g. (monsodium glutemate)
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml salt
- 14.79 ml light soy sauce
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 1 large egg, beaten with a
- 0.25 ml salt
- 236.59 ml cold water
- 29.58 ml white vinegar
- 44.37 ml granulated sugar
- 1.23 ml lemon extract
- 8 slice fresh lemon, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 0.19 ml yellow food coloring
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together gourmet powder (M. S. G.), pepper, salt and light soy sauce.
- Add chicken and stir to coat well and let marinate for 1 hour.
- BATTER MIX In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, egg and water.
- Dip marinated chicken into the flour mixture and coat well.
- In a frying pan, WOK or deep fryer, using peanut oil, deep fry coated chicken at 400 F for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown on all sides.
- When done, cut chicken into bite size pieces; set aside and keep warm.
- SAUCE In a small saucepan, add vinegar, sugar, lemon extract, fresh lemon slices and yellow food coloring.
- Cook over medium heat until boiled, stirring continuously.
- Pour lemon sauce including lemon slices over chicken and serve immediately.
Very easy to make. I did leave out the MSG. Next time I would also double the Lemon Sauce I found there just wasn't enough. We really enjoyed the taste. It really was a delightful taste of Lemon. Harold and Jen Winnipeg, MB Canada