1/1 Photo of Lemon Chicken
1 hr 15 mins
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
A delightful taste of lemon sauce over this chicken recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, separated into 4 pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon gourmet powder m.s.g. (monsodium glutemate)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg, beaten with a
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup cold water
- 1In a large mixing bowl, mix together gourmet powder (M. S. G.), pepper, salt and light soy sauce.
- 2Add chicken and stir to coat well and let marinate for 1 hour.
- 3BATTER MIX In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, egg and water.
- 4Dip marinated chicken into the flour mixture and coat well.
- 5In a frying pan, WOK or deep fryer, using peanut oil, deep fry coated chicken at 400 F for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown on all sides.
- 6When done, cut chicken into bite size pieces; set aside and keep warm.
- 7SAUCE In a small saucepan, add vinegar, sugar, lemon extract, fresh lemon slices and yellow food coloring.
- 8Cook over medium heat until boiled, stirring continuously.
- 9Pour lemon sauce including lemon slices over chicken and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.9
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 87.1 mg
- Sodium 538.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 18.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: