Recipe by I'mPat
From the Woman's Day submitted by reader Pamela Stratford. I made this while on holidays and we enjoyed it and most of the time is in the cooking in the oven otherwise very little work needed.
Top Review by Annacia
5 stars for flavor and texture of the chicken. I needed more of the coating than the recipe made to cover all of the chicken but that wasn't really a big deal as it took about a minute to mix up more. I had extra of the oil and lemon glaze and just tossed it into the Jasmine rice that was on the go along with a touch of garlic. What a great combo they made! a green salad was all that was needed for a marvelous dinner. Thanks for this one Pay. :D
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 60 g butter (melted)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon (finely grated zest of)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to moderate 180°C.
- Line your baking dish with baking paper.
- Combine flour, paprika, salt and pepper in a clean plastic bag and add the chicken and toss to coat (I just used a shallow bowl and dipped the chicken in the mix).
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer in the baking dish and brush the chicken with butter and bake for 30 minutes.
- SAUCE - meanwhile, in a small jug, combine all ingredients and season to taste.
- Pour sauce over chicken and return to oven for a further 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Serve with a salad of choice and prawn crackers, I served with mashed potatoe and steamed vegetables.