Prep 55 mins
Cook 0 mins
originally from the book "Choose to Lose"
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 118.29 ml unbleached flour
- 2.46 ml salt (optional)
- 1.23 ml fresh pepper, ground
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml lemon, rind of, grated
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 14.79 ml water
- 1 lemon, sliced 1/8
- Place chicken in bowl or casserole. Cover with lemon juice and marinate in refrigerator for several hours or overnight, turning chicken periodically.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika in plastic bag.
- Remove chicken from marinade and coat each with flour by shaking it in bag.
- Place chicken in baking pan in a single layer.
- Either peel the zest from a lemon and chop it fine in your food processor, or grate the zest with a hand grater.
- Mix grated peel with brown sugar.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest mixture evenly over the chicken breasts.
- Combine lemon juice and water and sprinkle evenly over chicken.
- Put 1 lemon slice on each chicken breast and bake for 35-40 min. or until cooked through.
- To make sure chicken is cooked, cut one of them in the middle and make sure that it is not red or pink, then, if it is, cook it a little bit more.
Way, way too lemony. I ate about half of my meal and vowed never to eat anything with lemon in it again. I marinated overnight... Bad idea! I imagine this recipe could be great with a little tweaking.
Best lemon chicken ever! I started with frozen chicken breasts, marinated until they thawed, then cut them into chunks. After cutting them up, I marinated them more - a total of about 24 hours. The brown sugar at the end adds kind of a sweet & sour flavor. LOVED it and will make again and again!
Not very successful for me. I'm not sure what I did wrong but the flour made the chicken very gooey so if I made this recipe again, I'd give the flour a miss I think.