1/1 Photo of Lemon Chicken
Nancy Van Ess's Note:
originally from the book "Choose to Lose"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken in bowl or casserole. Cover with lemon juice and marinate in refrigerator for several hours or overnight, turning chicken periodically.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika in plastic bag.
- 4Remove chicken from marinade and coat each with flour by shaking it in bag.
- 5Place chicken in baking pan in a single layer.
- 6Either peel the zest from a lemon and chop it fine in your food processor, or grate the zest with a hand grater.
- 7Mix grated peel with brown sugar.
- 8Sprinkle the lemon zest mixture evenly over the chicken breasts.
- 9Combine lemon juice and water and sprinkle evenly over chicken.
- 10Put 1 lemon slice on each chicken breast and bake for 35-40 min. or until cooked through.
- 11To make sure chicken is cooked, cut one of them in the middle and make sure that it is not red or pink, then, if it is, cook it a little bit more.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.5
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 140.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 27.2 g