Recipe by Jelzabeth
Comes from the book "Once-a-month cooking" by Mimi Wilson and Mary Beth Lagerborg
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Although I didn't do the freezing thing, I did use 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts & then pretty much followed the recipe, although I also substituted lemon pepper for the pepper & most of the salt! Thoroughly enjoyed the thyme, garlic & lemon flavor combo here & will be keeping your recipe around! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 lb chicken piece
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all of the spices & lemon juice in a 1-gallon bag, add chicken pieces, & freeze.
- To prepare, thaw bag of chicken, preheat trusty oven to 450 degrees.
- Arrange chicken skin-side down in an 8x8x2-inch bakind dish treated with nonstick spray.
- Pour liquid over chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn chicken over & baste.
- Bake for an extra 15 to 20 minutes.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Serve chicken over rice.
- Enjoy the Lemon Chicken (Oamc) recipe.