Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe is from Taste of Home's Simple and Delicious Magazine. It uses everyday ingredients and is so simple, as it is cooked in a crock pot, and then the chicken is served with a sauce made also in the crockpot. I haven't made this yet, just posting for safe keeping. It suggest serving chicken over hot cooked brown rice.
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (I would use fresh if possible)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream (12 oz.)
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
- Combine the oregano, seasoned salt and pepper rub over chicken. Place in a 3-qt slow cooker. In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Stir in lemon juice and garlic. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Stir in sour cream and parsley; cover and cook for 15 mins or until heated through. Serve chicken with sauce and rice if desired.
I made this tonight and both of my guests really enjoyed it, as did myself and my son. The sauce was really thin but tasty. I would use chicken thighs next time and maybe increase the seasoning salt a tad. Thanks for a simple recipe. I hope you enjoy the pic. :)
We all felt that this was a solid 4 stars. It's very tasty and simple to make but not a dish that I'd make for company. The reason being that while it's very nice to eat we all thought that it's visual appeal leaves something lacking. It comes out all while and with the sauce on rice it's white with white an white. I love that it's made with things that I always or usually have on hand. I just realized that I forgot the parsley and that would have helped to temper the white impact that we didn't care for. Give this a try (and don't forget the parsley,lol), the lemon, sour cream and seasoning are lovely.
Quick and EASY to do, and here is my honest review! Used sea salt, that should not have changed taste, true and added extra mixed herbs spice re rub on chicken too! Ran out of sour cream, TRUE! Substituted vanilla no fat yogurt ...thought would do! Normally don't like to read when reviews say substituted this, But don't give this recipe a miss! Don't think this is weird but BOTH hubby and I thought when it was done, it smelled like curry! At least is quick recipe done in a hurry! Get out of your mind Lemon Chicken as in Chinese, Otherwise this recipe will not please! GREAT meal to stretch the budget and entend, true! Honestly? Might or might not make this again too!