Recipe by C & D's Mommy
A light, citrusey chicken, low in carbs, cholesterol and sodium. Serve with rice and a nice garden salad. Great for a warm summer evening.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, cut in half
- salt and pepper (I don't use salt, but you can if you want to)
- lemon slice, fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound each chicken breast with a mallet until about 1/4-1/2" thick.
- In large skillet, melt margarine, and add garlic, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for about 1 minute, then add chicken breasts. Cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken to a serving plate, but keep warm.
- Stir in lemon juice into the pan drippings. Add green onions and mushrooms. Cook, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes. Spoon over chicken, and garnish with lemon slices and parsley if you're using them.