Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this from Dining with the Dutchess. This recipe also works with veal or turkey scallops.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon capers (rinsed & drained)
- 16 ounces chicken breasts (pounded 1/4-inch thick)
- 1 lemon (garnish)
- ON a sheet of wax paper, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Coat one side of each chicken scallop with the flour mixture.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil. Add the chicken, floured-side down; cook until lightly browned and cooked through, about 1 minute on each side; transfer to a plate.
- In the skillet, mix the broth, lemon juice, parsley, and capers; bring to a boil.
- Cook until the liquid is reduced to about 1/3 cup, about 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet; cook until just heated through, 1-2 minutes.
- Serve, garnished with lemon slices.