Recipe by Burefan
This is a great recipe from the Perricone Promise diet book. It's a great alternative to Chicken Piccata.
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ground sunflower seeds or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved and pounded to 1/4 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the salt and pepper into the ground seeds or nuts. Dredge the chicken pieces in the mixture. Shake off the excess and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Sauté the chicken breasts until lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and place on paper towels, turning once to absorb the excess oil.
- Combine the wine and lemon juice and pour into the skillet. Bring to a boil and scrape down any bits of chicken stuck to the sides of the pan. Add the chicken pieces and simmer in the liquid for 5 minutes. Remove to a heated platter.
- Raise the heat to high, bring the liquid to a boil, and reduce the liquid to ¼ cup. Whisk in the butter and pour over the chicken. Garnish with parsley and lemon slices.