Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 lb cut up chicken (strips)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon grated fresh lemon, rind of
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bunch green onion (cut into "1 inch" pieces)
- Combine 2 Tbsp corn starch with 1 Tbsp soya sauce.
- Stir in chicken and let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine and set aside sugar, corn starch, lemon peel, lemon juice, remaining soya sauce and water Stir fry chicken and onion 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium high, add sauce and cook until done.
- Add more lemon peel if necessary.
Tastes like take out! I really like the flavour of the sauce and was perfect over rice as well. I used Dark Soy Sauce with great results. Thanks for sharing!
Yummy. We really enjoyed this dinner. I did make quite a few adjustments, though. The mixture in step #1 did not have enough liquid, and I added an extra Tbsp of soy sauce (I assume that's what soya is?). Also, I used a good full tablespoon of lemon zest in the sauce from step #3, and the full juice of the lemon. Next time I will probably double the sauce from step #3, so that we have more for the rice. This was very yummy and tasted and looked just like we'd gone out for Chinese food.
Delicious, added more water to the mix... Thx for posting.