- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 lb cut up chicken (strips)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon grated fresh lemon, rind of
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bunch green onion (cut into "1 inch" pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 2 Tbsp corn starch with 1 Tbsp soya sauce.
- Stir in chicken and let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine and set aside sugar, corn starch, lemon peel, lemon juice, remaining soya sauce and water Stir fry chicken and onion 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium high, add sauce and cook until done.
- Add more lemon peel if necessary.