Recipe by amymarie416
This recipe is for lemon chicken, by far the best recipe for chicken I've ever encountered. It is a MUST TRY!
Top Review by MarraMamba
oh my. The absolute best is right. Perfectly lemony and perfectly seasoned, the extra little bit of butter turns the juices into a smooth textured sauce. The only thing i might do next time is add a little fresh minced garlic to it. And it definitely is not necessary, wonderful as is.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 whole chicken breasts, filleted
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon, juice of (and another for garnish)
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Put the oil and 3 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet and turn the heat to medium high. When the Butter foam subsides, slip in as many of the chicken fillets as will fit loosely. Cook them briefly on both sides, less than 1 min altogether. Transfer the fillets to a warm plate, using a slotted spoon or spatula, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Repeat the procedure until all the fillets are done.
- 2. Add the lemon juice to the skillet, and let it simmer briskly over medium heat for 20 seconds, while scraping loose cooking residues from the bottom and sides of the pan, using a wooden spoon. Add the chopped parsley and the remaining tablespoon of butter, stir rapidly for 4 or 5 seconds, then turn the heat down to low and return the fillets to the pan together with any juices that may have shed on the plate. Turn them over in the pan juices 2 or 3 times, then transfer, together with the juices, to a warm platter. Garnish with the thin slices of lemon, and serve at once.