Recipe by Deanne G.
I learned how to make this from watching my father. It was a childhood favorite for my brothers and I.
- 49 ounces chicken broth
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 5 -8 lemons, juice of (depending on the amount of lemon flavor you like)
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (more or less if you like)
- 1 lb pasta noodles (use what you like, i usually use elbow or bow tie)
- 1 (16 ounce) bagsliced frozen carrots (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen snow peas (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta, drain, and set aside.
- Combine the first five ingredients in large pot on high heat.
- When it begins to boil add the carrots and cover reducing to medium high heat.
- Dice the chicken and cook in a large skillet until done.
- Add the chicken and the snow peas.
- Let simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add cornstarch to thicken to your liking.
- Serve over pasta and enjoy!