Prep 30 mins
Cook 42 mins
From Southern Living.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk together all ingredients. Use filling immediately.
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add flour to butter mixture, beating at low speed. Shape mixture into 48 balls; cover and chill 1 hour. Place 1 dough ball into each lightly greased muffin cup in miniature muffin pans, shaping each into a shell.
- To Assemble:.
- Spoon Lemon Chess Pie Filling evenly into tart shells.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until filling is set. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
one of the best lemon pies i have ever made. i even used bogey'smom idea on using condensed milk & lemon juice on top. it was so good. i will make this again
The crust recipe alone for these is worth 5 stars. Just a wonderful recipe. I mixed together 1/4 c. lemon juice and a can of sweetened condensed milk, let it stiffen and then piped it on top as a "finish" for these. Yummy.