Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here's something for after dinner that's not too heavy and is refreshing.
Tart Shell Ingredients
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 lb cold unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup ice water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄8 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- For the Tart Shell:.
- In Cuisinart, blend all ingredients while adding the butter in quarter-inch pieces.
- Drizzle in chilled water until dough is thick or holds together when pushing together with fingers.
- Move dough onto wax paper. Press into 1" thick disk and chill for at least one hour. Then press into 10" tart pan.
- Line pastry with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until light brown. While still warm, remove parchment paper.
- Let tart shell rest at room temperature until ready to fill.
- For the Filling:.
- Cream butter until fluffy. Mix sugar with cornstarch. Add to butter and cream together.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add lemon juice (it will curdle; this is okay) and grated peel.
- Pour into a semi-baked 10-inch tart shell and bake at 350 for about 40 minutes, or until the filling no longer jiggles.
- Allow to cool, slice and top with berries if desired.