Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a sweet and tart pie. Recipe is From my Aunt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells
- Pre heat oven to 400.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, beat until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and rind.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Lower tempature to 375 and bake for 20 more minutes.
This pie was great! I made one addition though. I added 2 tablespoons of flour. I made 2 pies, as I made the first pie it seemed to be burning but not setting, my next batch of filling was already mixed so I just added the flour and it turned out perfect. I hope you don't mind the addition. This is a keeper, we loved it!!