Top Review by Lennie
I have to be careful; I could make this delicious pie every week! Simple to prepare, easy-to-follow instructions, delicious results--what more could anyone want? I must confess I did not use the specified sour cream pie crust, but rather Classic Pie Crust (recipe #26205) as that has now become my favourite. Otherwise, this was prepared exactly as written. I was so pleased with this pie and was particularly delighted as I watched my family wolf down their slices. I much preferred this at room temperature or even a little warm, but my husband found it enjoyable even straight from the fridge. Thanks for another delicious winner!
- 1 sour cream pie crust, rolled out to fit 9 inch pie dish (in my recipes)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemons, rind of
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prick pie shell with fork.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Decrease oven temperature to 330 degrees F.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in large bowl.
- Stir in lemon peel.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in lemon juice and blend in butter.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake until puffed and golden-brown, 50-60 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.