Recipe by Annacia
Sweet, tart and rich cheesecake that is perfect for all seasons. Pure creamy dreamy heaven. Chill 6 hrs or overnight.
Top Review by Slatts
This was a really great cheesecake! I did however have a few mishaps while making this dessert (completely my fault, nothing to do with the recipe). I mixed the crust together and let it bake (the crust is fabulous) and I got out the ingredients for the filling. While the crust was cooling I mixed all the filling ingredients together and then poured them into the crust only to find afterwards that I had one block of cream cheese still sitting on my counter! So 3 blocks of cream cheese ended up in my cake (still tasted great). Finally when I went to put the cheesecake in the oven to bake I realized my pizza stone (I store it in the bottom of my oven when I am not using it) was covered with oil. Well, it turns out my cheesecake pan is getting to so old it has decided to start leaking and butter from the crust cooking had been dripping out. I opted to not give the cake a water bath at that point. Even with all these issues it still tasted wonderful and I get to go buy a new cheeseake pan! Will be making this again soon with all 4 blocks of cheese and the proper water bath. Made for PRMR.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup finely ground shortbread cookie
- 2 lbs cream cheese
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Make crust:.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together on medium high speed for 3-4 minutes.
- Add flour and ground cookies to the mixture and blend for 3-4 seconds until fully incorporated.
- Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake the crust at 350° F for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow the crust to cool completely.
- Make cheesecake:.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and smooth.
- Add the mascarpone cheese and sugar and continue to beat on medium speed.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Blend in the lemon zest and juice.
- Pour mixture into the cooled crust.
- Set the cheesecake pan into a roasting pan, and add enough water to the roasting pan to reach halfway up sides of the cheesecake pan.
- Place in a 350° F oven for approximately one hour or until the cake is set and the top is golden brown.
- Remove the cake from the roasting pan and place on a wire rack.
- Allow cake to cool slightly, then place the cake in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.