Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From Blaine's Low Carb Kitchen. 7.1 net carbs per servings.
Make and share this Lemon Cheesecake With Cookie Crust recipe from Food.com.
Cookie Crumb Crust
- 1 cup sifted soy flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup artificial brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup low carb white artificial sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup low carb peanut butter
- 2 packages cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup low carb white artificial sweetener
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- grated rind of one lemon (approximately 2 tbsp.)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cookie Preparation (approximately 1 net carb per cookie):
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Sift together soy flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream one stick of butter with artificial brown sweetener and low carb white sweetener in mixer with wire whip attachment for 1 minute.
- Gradually add egg whites and continue to mix.
- Add vanilla and peanut butter and mix for 1 minute. Scrap sides of bowl with rubber spatula and add egg whites and continue to stir for 1 minute more.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until mixed.
- Spoon out teaspoonfuls of dough and form into balls. Place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart and flatten with fork into circles.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes until lightly brown. Remove from oven and let cool on rack. (Makes 24 cookies)
- Once cookies are cooled, grind 12 cookies in food processor and add 1 stick of melted butter. Press mixture onto bottom of greased spring form pan and blind bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven to cool
- Cheesecake Filling Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese in mixer with wire whip. Add sour cream, low carb sweetener, eggs, egg white, lemon extract, lemon rind and butter to bowl and continue to mix for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour mixture over cooled cookie crust in spring form pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in water bath. Remove from oven and let cool.