Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
Layers of creamy cheesecake, tangy lemon filling and crunchy streusel come together fabulously on a flaky crust. Use "Single-Crust Sweet Pastry Pie Shell" for the crust or your own homemade or storebought for delicious results....Mmm.
- 1 prepared unbaked single-crust sweet pastry pie shell (recipe posted separately)
- 5 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Lemon Filling:.
- In heatproof bowl, whisk together eggs, egg yolks, sugar and lemon juice. Set over sauce pan of simmering water; cook, constantly stirring, until thick enough to mound on spoon, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Strain through fine, sieve into bowl; stir in butter. Place plastic wrap directly on surface, refrigerate until cold, about one hour.
- Line prepared single pie shell with foil; fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake in bottom third of 375 F oven for 15 minutes. Remove weights and foil; prick base all over with fork. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or just until pastry starts turning golden. Let cool on rack.
- Streusel Topping:.
- In bowl, combine flour with sugar; drizzle with butter, stirring until crumbly. Set aside.
- In bowl, beat cream cheese with sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Spread into pie shell. Spread filling over top. Sprinkle with streusel.
- Bake in bottom 1/3 of 350°F oven for about 45 minutes or until puffed and streusel is golden. Let cool on rack.