Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Bon Appetit...some berries that would be good are raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, and/or blueberries. Time does not include a minimum of 2 hours chill time.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Fold a 16 inch long piece of foil to an 8x16 inch strip; place in a 8x8x2 inch baking pan, leaving overhang on 2 sides. Repeat with another sheet of foil in opposite direction, lining pan completely. Butter foil.
- Place graham crackers in heavy-duty plastic bag. Using a rolling pin or mallet, crush crackers finely. Melt butter in a medium skillet over low heat. Remove from heat; add crumbs and toss to coat. Press crumbs evenly onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake crust until deep golden, about 12 minutes. Cool crust completely while preparing filling.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in egg and sour cream, then lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla. Spread batter over crust.
- Bake cheesecake until slightly puffed and set in center, about 30 minutes; cool completely in pan on rack. Chill cheesecake until cold, at least 2 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and keep chilled.).
- Using foil overhang as aid, lift cheesecake from pan. Cut into 16 squares; arrange on platter. Top each square with berries. Chill until ready to serve, up to 3 hours. Serve Chilled.