Recipe by bert
A favourite treat at our house. It has a light, lemony taste and kids love it! I found this recipe many years ago in a book called Best Recipes this side of Heaven. Remember to put that can of evaporated milk in the freezer when you start so it will be cold when you need it.
Top Review by NJstixx
Simple and delicious. Kudos to the chef. I made these with my daughter to distribute to my neighbors for Christmas. Everybody loved them. We made several trays. I found that real graham crackers cumbled up worked better than the pre-packagted crumbs.
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix base ingredients together, put aside 3/4 cup for topping.
- Press remaining into 9x13 pan.
- Bake 8 minutes at 350.
- Dissolve jello in water, add juice and set in fridge to thicken to the consistency of egg white.
- Mix together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth and light.
- Combine the jello and cream cheese mixtures, mixing by hand.
- Put the evaporated milk in the freezer just until cold.
- Remove and whip to high peaks.
- Fold milk into the lemon mixture.
- Pour milk into the lemon mixture.
- Pour over crust and sprinkle with reserved crumbs on top.
- Chill over night.
- May be frozen.