Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe came from the side of a cereal box can't remember which cereal. It is a no fail recipe that my friends have raved over. Lovely light taste after a satisfying meal
- 3 cups crunchy breakfast cereal (Special K, Rice flakes, Almond cranberry crunch or other)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted (better)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese (use lite if you wish)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon rind
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Roll or process the cereal to make about 1 cup crumbs.
- Combine crumbs, margarine and 2 tbsp sugar.
- Reserve 2 tbsp of mixture.
- Press remaining mixture into a greased an 8-inch baking dish or a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake at 375°F degrees for 8 minutes; cool.
- While the crust is baking and cooling, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and rind.
- Beat whipping cream stiff; fold into cream mixture.
- Turn into the prepared cool crust.
- Sprinkle reserved cereal mixture on top.
- Chill 2 hours, cut into squares and serve.
This is very good. We made it for a girl scout meeting and everyone loved it! Especially the girls!!
This recipe was very good. I used graham cracker crumbs instead of cereal(I dont like cereal that much). I love lemon squares and cheesecake, so this is a perfect combination for me. I also sprinkled a little bit of powdered sugar on the top. It was great! ;}
So simple! Thanks for sharing this. I didnt have to run out to the store to get grahm crackers. Im going to save this one.