Recipe by zeldaz51
A volumetrics Weight Control Plan recipe.You could substitute a graham cracker for the cookies.
- 9 vanilla wafer cookies, crushed
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces lemon low fat yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 large egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups sliced strawberries, fresh blueberries (or a combination) or 2 cups fresh raspberries (or a combination)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat a 2-quart souffle dish with cooking spray. Fold a sheet of foil or parchment in half lengthwise, wrap it around the outside of the souffle dish, and secure it in place with kitchen string so it forms a collar that rises 3 inches above the sides of the dish. Coat the inside of the dish with the cookie crumbs, leaving any loose crumbs in the bottom of the dish.
- Combine the ricotta, yogurt, 1/3 cup sugar, lemon juice, flour, egg yolk, lemon zest, vanilla, and salt in a blender container, cover, and process until the ricotta is smooth, scraping the sides as necessary. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
- Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar in a clean mixing bowl at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold about 1/4 of the whites into the ricotta mixture, then fold the ricotta mixture into the remaining egg whites. Pour the mixture into the prepared souffle dish and bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is golden and the center is set.
- Immediately spoon the souffle into bowls and surround each serving with 1/4 cup berries.