Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- whipped cream
- crushed lemon decorative candies
Lemon Chess Pie Filling
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Fit each refrigerated pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions; fold edges under; crimp/flute as desired.
- Line pastry with foil, and fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake in a 425° oven for 5 minutes; remove weights and foil; bake 2 minutes or until light golden brown; cool crusts completely on wire racks.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and egg on low speed using an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cooled pie crusts.
- In another bowl, whisk together all the Lemon Chess Pie Filling ingredients; spoon filling evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 35 minutes or until set, covering edges of pie crust with foil if needed to prevent excess browning.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Garnish with whipped cream and crushed lemon candies, if desired.