Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe from Southern Living magazine. I have made it several times and have always been pleased with the results.
- 2 refrigerated deep dish pie shells
CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
LEMON CHESS PIE FILLING
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Bake refrigerated piecrusts in 425° oven for 5- 8 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool crusts completely on wire racks.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and egg at low speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over both cooled crusts.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the lemon chess pie filling. Pour immediately over the cream cheese mixture in crusts.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until set. If needed, shield crust edges with foil to prevent excess browning. Cool completely on wire racks. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
I loved the Lemon Cheesecake Pie. I had no trouble making it. It set up perfect. It is great to freeze. I will make it again and again. Soup kitchen
I wish I could rate this recipe higher but it just did not work out for me. I don't usually have any trouble with Southern Living recipes but I did with this one. The recipe was easy to put together so no problems there. I ended up having to bake it for much longer than called for ~ close to 50 mintues ~ and the lemon chess pie part never set. When I cut into the pie (after leaving in the fridge overnight to help set it), the lemon chess part was still liquidy. We never did get the crust out of the pie plate, it seemed to glue itself in the pan. I gave it a taste test anyway and the flavor was so good and lemony...it just didn't set up for me. I do plan to try again and will re-rate at that time. Thanks for posting!