Recipe by Irish Rose
I got this recipe from Southern Living magazine. I have made it several times and have always been pleased with the results.
- 2 refrigerated deep dish pie shells
CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
LEMON CHESS PIE FILLING
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake refrigerated piecrusts in 425° oven for 5- 8 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool crusts completely on wire racks.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and egg at low speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over both cooled crusts.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the lemon chess pie filling. Pour immediately over the cream cheese mixture in crusts.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until set. If needed, shield crust edges with foil to prevent excess browning. Cool completely on wire racks. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.