Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My mom has been making this cheesecake for as long as I can remember. Its really easy to make and a fruit topping of your choice can be added if liked.
- 4 ounces digestive biscuits
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 ounces margarine
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 fluid ounces condensed milk (approx 1 small tin)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of
- Crumble the biscuits in a processor.
- Melt the margarine in a pan over a low heat and add the syrup.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the biscuit crumbs.
- Press the mixture in a dish approximately 6 or 7" (depending on how thick you like your base).
- Cream the cheese in a processor.
- Stir in the condensed milk (to taste) and add the vanilla essence.
- Add the lemon juice and rind.
- Beat the mixture until smooth.
- Pour onto the base and freeze for at least a couple of hours.
- Remove from the freezer approximately 20 mins before serving.