Recipe by StikkiBake, NZ
This is very nice I got it out of the local newspaper and it is delicious! Make sure the base is very well stuck together and the pieces are not too big you might need to use more butter to do that.
Top Review by safraani
I thought the 'tangyness' was lacking a bit because of the condensed milk. Real cheese is just that bit tangier! Otherwise this is a super fast and easy recipe and most of the ingredients are found in a well stocked pantry.The family loved it.
- 1 (250 g) packet malt biscuits
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 90 g melted butter or 90 g margarine
- 250 g sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all crust ingredients together until well combined and the biscuits are all crushed.
- Press into a greased 23cm flan dish.
- Chill in the fridge while making the filling.
- Mix together in a whiz then beat for another two minutes (I just mixed together then used a cake mixer).
- Spoon onto the base and chill for 30 minutes.
- Combine cornflour and water in a small saucepan.
- Add salt, sugar, lemon juice and rind until the mixture thickens and boils.
- Remove from the heat, add small amount to the beaten egg yolk and combine.
- Return this mixture to heat and cook for a further 1 minute. (if you put the egg yolk into the hotmix it will cook and ruin it)
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly before spooning over the filling chill for a few hours.
- Top with whipped cream if you like.