Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Went looking for ice cream recipes and found this on The Recipe Link. Sound so goooodd. Who doesn't like cheesecake? Time to process depends on your particular ice cream maker.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 ounces lemon gelatin
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 8 -10 cups milk
- yellow food coloring (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and gelatin; mix well.
- Add half-and-half, lemon juice and the extracts; beat until smooth.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Stir in enough milk to measure 1 gallon.
- Add food coloring if desired. Freeze in batches according to manufacturer's directions.
- Refrigerate extra mixture until it can be frozen.
- Allow to ripen in the ice cream freezer or firm in refrigerator freezer 2-4 hours before serving.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.