Recipe by Mercy
Don't forget to allow a couple of extra hours to let the ice cream ripen (harden) before serving.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 ounces lemon gelatin
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 8 to 10 cups milk
- yellow food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and gelatin; mix well.
- Add half-and-half, lemon juice and the extracts; beat until smooth.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Stir in enough milk to measure 1 gallon.
- Add food coloring if desired.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Allow to ripen in the ice cream freezer or firm in refrigerator freezer 2 to 4 hours before serving.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- Makes 1 gallon.