Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe is from the cookbook "All-New Complete Step-by-Step Diabetic Cookbook"
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- 2 cups 1% fat cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 5 (1 g) packets artificial sweetener (calorie-free sweetener such as Equal, etc.)
- lemon slice (optional)
- Combine cracker crumbs and margarine; stir well.
- Press into bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300*.
- Place cottage cheese in a food processor or blender; process 1 minute or until very smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides.
- Add egg substitute and next 5 ingredients; process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust. Bake at 300* for 50 minutes or until almost set (center will be soft but will become firm when chilled).
- Remove from oven; cool on wire rack.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- To serve, cut into wedges. Garnish with lemon slices.