Recipe by CarenRox
I made AlabamaGirl71's recipe (#51329) for lemon cheesecake bars and asked for feedback from my friends. This is the recipe I developed, which is really only a minor variation on the original (thicker cheesecake layer and more graham cracker crumbles on top).
- 2 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1.5 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Prepare 13x9-inch baking pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, pecans, sugar, and melted butter; mix well.
- Reserve 1/2 cup crumb mixture.
- Press the rest into a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes; allow to cool.
- While the crust is cooling, beat cream cheese until it's fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Add eggs until mixture is just combined.
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust.
- Sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture over the top of the cheesecake layer.
- Bake for about 50 minutes.
- Cool for about 1 1/2 hours, then cut into bars.
- Store in your refrigerator.