Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemons, rind Grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, finely shredded (or grated)
- In a food processor, whirl butter, sugar, flour, and nuts until a dough forms.
- Or rub mixture with your fingers until fine crumbs form, then pat firmly together.
- Press mixture evenly into an 8- or 9-inch diameter baking pan with a removable bottom.
- Bake in a 350°F oven until a medium brown color, about 20 minutes.
- Spread cheesecake topping (other ingredients mixed until smooth in food processor) evenly over crust. Bake until topping is set in center when gently shaken, about 15 minutes.
- Cool, cover and chill until firm, at least one hour or up to 2 days.
- Remove rim from pan and cut cookie into 12 wedges.
- Sprinkle with lemon peel; remove from pan with a spatula.
- Serve, or arrange in a single layer, cover, and chill up until the next day.