Recipe by under12parsecs
From Pillsbury.com. I haven't tried these yet, but wanted to post for safekeeping as they seem to be different from others posted here with an additional topping layer.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Delicious! Used the yellow cake mix for this recipe, as I was concerned that a lemon cake mix would add too much lemon flavor, and it turned out just right. I have a Church potluck coming up and I plan to take this dish! Thanks for a great post! Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag game, November, 2011.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). In large bowl, beat dry cake mix, butter and 1 of the eggs with electric mixer on low speed until crumbly. Press in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar on low speed. Stir in lemon peel and lemon juice until smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup; refrigerate. Beat remaining 2 eggs into remaining cream cheese mixture on medium speed until blended. Spread over cake mixture.
- Bake bars 23 to 28 minutes or until set. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Spread with reserved cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate about 3 hours or until firm. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.