Recipe by Lane
I revised this recipe from Eagle Brand. This is much more to my liking. It has gotten raves.
Top Review by JKompelien
Awesome bars, I added fresh squeezed lemon juice instead of bottled... I also added some yellow food coloring to make it look like lemon... Took them to church for fellowship this morning.. awesome flavor but was hard to get them out of pan to platter w/out looking 'tattered'.... next time maybe will refrigerate them?
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (from concentrate)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a mixing bowl.
- Set aside about 1/2 cup.
- Press remaining mixture into a 9x13 pan.
- Bake 6 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- With mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice.
- Add eggs, beat unil combined.
- Spoon mixture atop crust in pan.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until knife comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack 1 hour.
- Chill in refrigerator. Store in refrigerator.