Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Creamy cheesecake uses ricotta and mascarpone cheese instead of the traditional cream cheese so it is very creamy and rich. Adapted from Gardener (Spring, 2004).
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, melted
- 113.39 g orange biscotti
- 113.39 g butter spritz cookies
- 354.88 ml ricotta cheese
- 118.29 ml mascarpone cheese (Italian cream cheese)
- 3 lemons, grated rind and juice
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees F.
- Brush 9-inch springform pan with melted butter, reserve remainder.
- Place cookies (biscotti and spritz cookies) in large baggie and crush with rolling pin.
- Place crushed cookies in bowl, add butter and mix with fork to combine.
- Press cookie crumbs into bottom of prepared pan.
- Place remaining ingredients (ricotta- eggs) in a large bowl and mix using a rubber spatula until smooth.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake 1 hour- 1 hour 20 minutes or until sides start to turn golden and center has a slight bounce.
- Remove from oven and let cool (cheesecake will finish cooking while cooling).
- Cool completely and remove from pan.
Deliciously creamy and lemony, and such a smooth, absolutely wonderful texture. I wasn’t familiar with the biscuits specified, so I opted for some shortbreads with orange flavouring, which made a great base for the cheesecake. ellie_’s instructions were easy to follow and this cheesecake was easy to make. I took it along to a dinner party I’d been invited to on Friday night, and it was the first of several desserts to disappear, amid rave comments! I’ve since emailed the recipe to three people who want to make it for the Christmas break! And it looks as if I’ll also be making another one! SOON! Thanks for sharing such a wonderfully delicious recipe, ellie_!
Every one loved this and I am making another one next week! My oven is slightly touchy so it took longer than stated. Followed recipe as is. Thank you ellie for a keeper!