Recipe by Summerlea
A rich, delicious cheesecake with a light lemon note. Especially good with my raspberry sauce recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temp (regular or lower fat)
- 1 cup sugar, minus 2 T
- 3⁄4 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees with the oven rack in the center.
- Combine the first three ingredients in a medium bowl, mix thoroughly, and pat evenly into an 8" springform pan. Bake until lightly browned, 7-10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- Using a food processor, preferably, or a mixer, mix the cream cheese until completely smooth. Scrape down the bowl halfway through mixing.
- Add the sugar to the cream cheese and mix until smooth and completely combined.
- In a small food processor or a mortar and pestle process the lemon zest and 2 T sugar to an even, sandy consistency. Add to the cream cheese mixture.
- With the food processor or mixer running, add the eggs one at a time to the cream cheese mixture. Add the vanilla and 2 T of lemon juice. Taste and add more lemon juice if desired. Keep in mind that the lemon juice flavor will mellow while baking.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the springform pan. Bake for about 40-50min until all but the center third has set (it should still wiggle when the pan is shaken).
- Turn off the oven and leave the cake in for 1 hour, or until the center has set.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight, before serving.