Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Our school had a pudding night to raise money for charity, you make something then leave a recipe and pay 50p per anything you took, (we raised £363.50), this was one of the recipes, it's very good
- 250 g digestive biscuits
- 125 g butter
- 397 g condensed milk
- 170 g extra heavy cream
- 4 large fresh lemons
- put the biscuits in a large freezer bag and crush to a fine crumb using a rolling pin.
- melt butter on low heat in a pan.
- tip biscuit crumbs into pan of melted butter.
- cook on a low heat stirring with a wooden spoon until the crumbs are slightly darker (not burnt).
- press biscuit crumbs into a 17cm flan tin with removable base and chill.
- zest rind of lemons.
- squeeze the juice of the lemons removing any pips.
- take a large mixing bowl and pour into it the condensed milk and cream.
- mix together.
- add the zest and juice of the lemons and slowly whisk by hand.
- the cream will start to thicken as a result of adding the lemon juice, if it does not, simply add one more lemon.
- pour into chilled base.
- put in fridge for 1 hour.
- to serve push the flan base underneath and slide flan onto a plate.
- decorate with lemon zest and flaked chocolate and serve with cream.