Norahs Girl's Note:
My favourite cheesecake--lovely and lemony. If you serve it plain, try it with some fresh strawberries dipped in chocolate!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the butter and biscuits together and press into the base of a springform tin.
- 2Sprinkle the gelatin over the water, allow to become spongy.
- 3Dissolve by placing over boiling water or microwave for 30 seconds on medium.
- 4Combine milk, egg yolks, and sugar in a pan; place on medium heat and cook, stirring until slightly thickened.
- 5Pour in dissolved gelatin and lemon rind.
- 6Set aside to cool slightly.
- 7Beat lemon juice and vanilla into cheese, then gradually stir in the gelatin mixture.
- 8Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites and three quarters of the whipped cream.
- 9Pour over pie crust.
- 10Refrigerate for several hours until firmly set.
- 11Remove from springform and decorate with the remaining cream.
- 12Variations: the lemon can be omitted, add extra vanilla to taste.
- 13The top can be finished off with berries such as black cherries or cape gooseberries.
- 14Drain the juice of the berries and sprinkle 15 ml gelatin over the juice, heat to dissolve, add the berries, and cool slightly.
- 15Pour over cheesecake in springform and leave to set.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.9
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 84.3 mg
- Sodium 337.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 9.0 g