Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
I love nutmeg and it really shines in the crust of this simple dessert. I hope you enjoy it.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar.
- Combine flour, salt and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture.
- Press into an ungreased 8" square baking dish.
- Bake @ 350 for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- For filling, place cottage cheese, egg, egg white, and lemon juice in a blender or food provessor and process until smooth.
- Add the sugar, flour, lemon peel and baking powder and process until well blended.
- Pour over crust and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate until chilled.