Prep 3 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This has always been a favorite at pot lucks, but it needs to be very cold to cut properly. I found this on the internet, and the author was listed as Grace McKeown at University California, Davis.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon Bourbon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (f).
- Combine cake mix, 1 of the eggs,butter and pecans in a bowl and blend well.
- Press mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 13 by 9 by 2 inch glass baking dish.
- Beat sugar, cream cheese, and sour cream in a large bowl until blended.
- Mix in remaining 2 eggs, lemon peel, and vanilla (or bourbon), and spread evenly over the crust.
- Bake until cheese topping sets, about 30 minutes.
- Cool the pan on a rack and then refrigerate until very cold, about 3 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve cold.
No offense but this is awful, and that's being kind.
I have several recipes with the "two layer method" like this recipe. The base layer is baked before the second layer is added and returned to the oven. Hope this helps.
Dont know why the other reviwers gave you such low reviews---They must have done something wrong in thier prepartions. I tried it and found it quite good and believe me im not that easy to please---Just ask my wife. Thanks for sharing.