you've tasted these -- they melt in your mouth -- but usually people don't add the lemon zest, which makes All The Difference in how special these taste
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar in a mixer.
- Add egg yolk and flavorings.
- Beat until light.
- Shake flour through a fine sieve with the salt.
- Add this to butter mixture until blended well.
- Force through a cookie press or spritz gun onto cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. UNDERbake these; do not let them brown.
- Makes 6 dozen.
Not bad. Lemon flavor is quite mild. If I make them again, I'd double the lemon.
My mom and I make Christmas cookies for several days every year, and we're known for our efforts. We added this recipe this year, and they were a HUGE hit. They have a fantastic flavor and are light and yummy! Here's a tip, though - spritz the cookies when they're still chilled, or chill the dough, to get better results. Otherwise, the spritzed cookies won't stick to your cookie sheet and they come out more like globs.
These are excellent! Just the right amount of lemon and cream cheese flavor. They are perfect little spritz cookies and worked great in my SuperShooter. I only needed 10 minutes bake time...any longer and they started to brown on the edges. Thanks for posting!