Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
These are from the 1969 Betty Crocker Cookbook. Be sure that the dough is well-chilled. Sprinkle with colored sugars before baking. Pretty melt-in-your-mouth cookies and lots of lemon flavor. Don't omit the lemon zest! If you use self-rising flou, omit the baking powder. Watch carefully while baking - don't let them brown!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, all purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Cream butter, cheese, and sugar until fluffy.
- Blend in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and chill.
- Press out cookies on un-greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with colored sugars.
- Bake at 375 F 7-8 minutes.
I've been making these for over 20 years...my go to christmas cookie...in the oven right now;)I make these plain no decorations....
I remember baking these cookies in Home Ec. class. One of the best cookie recipe ever! I however, DO NOT sprinkle w/ sugar, rather make a light powdered sugar & milk glaze , or just plain.