Recipe by loof
This is a light and lemony dessert with a great zingy sauce!
Top Review by Mark R.
I agree with the other reviewer that the sauce was tasty and a little thin. It was actually quite unappetizing looking. The souffle, on the other hand, was a complete disaster. Baking it in another pan with hot water prevented it from cooking through on the bottom.
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 6-cup souffle dish with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon confectioner's sugar to coat the dish.
- Put the cottage cheese, sugar, egg yolks, and lemon rind in a blender. Process 1 minute until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, beat lemon juice and egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Put 1 cup of the beaten egg whites in the blender with the cheese mixture. Process until blended.
- Pour cheese mixture into bowl with egg whites and carefully fold in just until combined. Pour into the prepared souffle dish.
- Place the souffle dish in a pan just big enough to hold it. Fill the pan with hot water to come halfway up the side of the souffle dish. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- While souffle is baking, make the sauce: Combine 1 1/4 cups water, sugar, lemon juice, lemon rind, and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to boiling over medium heat.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water until blended. Stir into lemon sauce mixture. Boil 1 minute.