1/1 Photo of Lemon Cheese
This recipe came over with my grandmother from England. It is great as a spread on toast, or use for filling in frozen pre-baked tart shells....top with whipped cream for a quick and easy dessert for unexpected guests.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the juice of the two lemons and the sugar.
- 2Grate about a tablespoon of lemon rind and add.
- 3Bring to a boil in a pot.
- 4Beat the 3 eggs til thickened.
- 5Pour a small amount of the hot lemon mixture into the eggs, beating continuously.
- 6Continue adding the hot lemon mix until it has all been added.
- 7Take care to add it slowly so as not to curdle the eggs.
- 8Cook on low heat until mixture is thickened.
- 9Remove from the heat and add vanilla and butter.
- 11Place in a sterilized jar and refrigerate immediately.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.6
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 49.0 mg
- Sodium 26.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 1.6 g