Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe came over with my grandmother from England. It is great as a spread on toast, or use for filling in frozen pre-baked tart shells....top with whipped cream for a quick and easy dessert for unexpected guests.
- Combine the juice of the two lemons and the sugar.
- Grate about a tablespoon of lemon rind and add.
- Bring to a boil in a pot.
- Beat the 3 eggs til thickened.
- Pour a small amount of the hot lemon mixture into the eggs, beating continuously.
- Continue adding the hot lemon mix until it has all been added.
- Take care to add it slowly so as not to curdle the eggs.
- Cook on low heat until mixture is thickened.
- Remove from the heat and add vanilla and butter.
- Place in a sterilized jar and refrigerate immediately.
I never realised Lemon Cheese was so easy to make and after trying this recipe, I will never buy it again! It is quite zingy which is what I prefer.
This is so scrumptious that I had to stop myself from going to the fridge every 5 minutes to go and try one more teaspoon of it!
Thank you so much for sharing it.
this is great.. really nice taste!
This tastes just the same as a gourmet lemon curd I buy (or should I say used to buy!) and it's a fraction of the cost. This lemon cheese is very tasty and can be used in many different ways, however I prefer it spread on warm toast. Before putting it into a jar I strained it to make the curd super smooth.